- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- South Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court of South Carolina, 2010
- Charleston School of Law Juris Doctor, 2010
- The Citadel MBA Business, 2007
- The Citadel BS Biology, 2004
- 2016-Present - South Carolina State Senate
- 2016-Present - Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee
- 2016-Present - Member of the Labor Commerce and Industry Committee
- 2016-Present - Member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee
- 2016-Present - Member of the Senate Fish, Game and Forestry Committee
- 2016-Present - Member of the General Committee
- 2016-Present - Member of the Invitations Committee
- 2016-Present - Chairman of the Charleston County Fish and Wildlife Subcommittee
- 2016-Present - Serves on the C.S.S. Hunley Commission
- 2016-Present - Chairman of the Grand Strand Area Transportation Study Committee
- 2012-2016 - South Carolina State House of Representatives
- 2015-2016 - Judiciary Committee, Special Laws Subcommittee
- 2013-2015 - Assigned to SC Committee for Agriculture Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs
- 2015-Present - Chairman of the Georgetown Legislative Delegation
- 2015-2016 - Chairman of the Charleston County Fish and Wildlife Subcommittee
- 2013-2016 - Grand Strand Area Transportation Committee
- 2016 - Featured twice in SC Lawyer Weekly for winning important South Carolina Decisions
- 2015 - Super Lawyers Rising Star award for Top Attorney in General Litigation.
- 2010 - Vice Chair of Administration on the Charleston School of Law Honor Committee
- 2010 - Awarded two CALI Excellence Awards for Highest Scores
- 2015-Present - Supporting and Volunteering for Helping Hands of Georgetown
- 2013-Present - Board Member of Junior Achievement
- 2011-2013 - Volunteer work for the Murrells Inlet 2020 Community Revitalization Group
- 2009-2010 - Community Service work for the Awendaw Community Action Group
Senator Stephen Lewis Goldfinch Jr., is a native South Carolinian
Senator Stephen Lewis Goldfinch Jr., is a native born South Carolinian. He grew up in Conway, SC and attended Conway High School. After High School, he attended The Citadel where he graduated with honors, achieving the Dean’s List, President’s List and Commandant’s List, and earning a degree in Biology. Upon graduation from The Citadel, Stephen started a successful biotechnology company based out of Charleston, SC. During this time, he again attended The Citadel, receiving his Masters in Business Administration. The Charleston biotechnology company became very successful, allowing Stephen to explore other avenues of business and entrepreneurship.
In 2006, Stephen married his lovely wife, Renee. After much thought and prayer, he decided to change career paths and enroll in law school. He attended The Charleston School of Law and graduated as Vice Chair of Administration on the Honor Committee. Shortly after graduating, Mr. Goldfinch made the decision to open a law practice in Murrells Inlet, SC. That firm eventually became Boyd Goldfinch, LLC.
In 2011, Stephen Goldfinch decided to run for the State House of Representatives for District 108. After a successful campaign, he took office in November of 2012. He served in the South Carolina House of Representatives for four years until he was elected to the South Carolina Senate in 2016.
Senator Goldfinch now lives and practices law in Murrells Inlet, SC. He is a partner at the firm of Goldfinch Winslow, LLC whose practice areas focus on civil, criminal, estate, and probate litigation.
Senator Goldfinch represents the counties of Horry, Georgetown and Charleston and chairs the Georgetown County Legislative Delegation. He is on the Senate’s Judiciary Committee, Labor Commerce and Industry Committee, Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Fish, Game and Forestry Committee, General Committee, and Invitations Committee. He is Chairman of the Charleston County Fish and Wildlife Subcommittee. Stephen also serves on the C.S.S. Hunley Commission and he chairs the Grand Strand Area Transportation Study Committee.
Senator Goldfinch and his wife Renee are members of Surfside Presbyterian Church. They have two precious children: a daughter named Hadlee and a son named Stephen “Tripp”. The Goldfinch’s are active in the community – enjoying their service and commitment to the public. Mr. and Mrs. Goldfinch are avid outdoors people, and enjoy hunting, fishing, and traveling – sharing a special fondness for Southern Africa.
Loving and appreciating the South Carolina coast and waterways, Senator Goldfinch is a licensed pilot, boat captain, and master scuba diver who supports preserving the area’s natural resources.